Guidelines for Attending Helfant Chapel In-Person
When You Arrive:
- Enter at the Beacon Street entrance.
- Upon entering the building, non‐Jewish personnel will take your temperature with a thermal thermometer. and ask the following questions. You will not be admitted if the answer to any question is “yes”:
- Have you had a fever of more than 100.4 degrees in the past 14 days?
- Have you had any respiratory problems or difficulty breathing in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the country or to a Pennsylvania Dept of Health-designated hot spot?
- Have you or a member of your household had contact with anyone who has tested COVID-19 positive in the past 14 days?
- Are you or anyone in your household waiting on a COVID-19 test result?
While in the Building:
- Drinking fountains in the building are turned off. Bring your own bottle of water to hydrate, if needed.
- Masks are required for everyone over eight years old. Please bring your own mask. It is recommended that each person bring two masks because singing can cause the mask to become wet. New Light will have some gloves and extra masks available.
- Maintain a distance of 6’ or more between people, even with masks. (Families may sit together.)
- Use the rest rooms right outside Helfant Chapel.
While in the Chapel:
- Bring your own tallit.
- There will be no food after services.